I offer custom software development and related services, on a consulting basis. That covers a lot of territory, so let's narrow it down. Mainly, I do remote part-time back-end Ruby on Rails staff-augmentation contracts, on a 1099 or B2B basis. I will also consider:
- other technologies (see the Skills page);
- a short commute (from Fairfax City, Virginia);
- brief work at 40 hours/week;
- light travel (up to a couple weeks at a time, up to 20% of the time);
- taking on a small, well-specified project solo;
- temporary W2 employment;
or other closely related services, such as:
- "roadmapping" what features to develop (even if I don't get to do the development work);
- "architecting" your system;
- creating and/or conducting training;
- or advising on tools, processes, etc.
On the other claw, I am not open to "permanent" employment, changing careers, relocation, spending months on the road, or working for equity. Please do not contact me about such things.
I also generally do not do web sites (things to present your content, as opposed to web applications, which store, process, and retrieve data).